Our organization is growing and our goal is to grow our outreach in the local community. Right now the work done by Postpartum Support Charleston is all thanks to some amazing volunteers, but we could use some more help in our efforts. So, we are hiring!
Job Posting – Postpartum Support Charleston
Postpartum Support Charleston is seeking a part-time development coordinator to assist with medical outreach and relationship building, event planning, volunteer management and administrative duties. Qualified candidate will have excellent written and verbal skills. Will be responsible for cultivating relationships with key donors and members of the medical community. Will also be responsible for recruiting, scheduling and ensuring a positive experience for organization volunteers. This person will be responsible for helping to further the mission of the organization with the help and support of the board of directors.
Key event responsibilities
- Organizing and managing annual 5K event and additional events as needed.
- Develop analyze and work within budgets; maintain accurate accounting of events costs and income.
- Manage vendor needs and requirements, to include insurance and permitting.
- Develop timelines to meet special event objectives. Monitor to assure milestones are on track and reporting is on time. Recommend corrective actions.
- Develop supplies checklist for each event, customizing checklist template based on individual event needs.
- Determine volunteer needs for each event and provide a listing to committee leads.
- Management of event logistics, including: the development of the site plan, oversight of setup/break-down materials, management of manpower needs, activities coordination, supply delivery, and other activities as needed.
- Compile results from the event, perform preliminary evaluation of performance to goals, and provide results to board.
- Help recruit members and attend all committee meetings.
- Setup and management of race registrant system.
- Assist with social media and marketing development.
- Able to meet with vendors, deliver and pick up materials across the tri-county area.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally and based on event needs.
- Scheduling will require occasional evening and weekend commitment.
Key organization responsibilities
- Work with the board of directors to identify and cultivate relationships in the community, including but not limited to, professionals in the medical field.
- Facilitate the development of relationships with the medical community through presentations, personal meetings, regular communications or arranging meetings with members of the board.
- Research community events and coordinate participation as needed.
- Assist with creation and distribution of support and marketing materials to be distributed to the medical community.
- CRM constituent and donor management (experience with eTapestry a plus).
- Help manage and develop constituent outreach to include e-newsletter, social media outlets and email communication.
- Help facilitate and coordinate support group volunteer activities and assist with training needs.
- Research local grants and assist with application process.
- General administrative tasks.
This job can be done from any location and has flexible hours with an average of 15 hrs/week. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is December 9th.
Postpartum Support Charleston is dedicated to educating and supporting mothers and their families, the medical community and the general public about the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression, available treatment options and community resources. We strive to increase awareness, inspire support and break the stigma of this widespread and often misunderstood illness both in our local community and across the country.